Why Join the Stockton Area Chamber of Commerce?
The benefits of Chamber membership are numerous. Some benefits will be more important to you than others. The main benefits though are universal. Chamber membership conveys credibility and stability to your customers. Being a member of the Stockton Area Chamber of Commerce will open the door to many contacts that can help your business grow through the power of referrals and networking.
A national study reveals that membership in a local chamber of commerce can significantly boost a businesses' image among consumers, as well as among other businesses.
The study, conducted by The Schapiro Group, an Atlanta-based strategic consulting firm, found that when respondents were told that a particular small business was a member of its local chamber, they were 44 percent more likely to rate it favorably than study respondents who were not told of the chamber affiliation. Respondents were also 63 percent more likely to want to purchase goods or services from a small business that is a chamber member.
Chamber membership is an investment in your business and the Stockton Area Chamber of Commerce is the voice for small business in Stockton and the Stockton area.
If you would like more information about membership and how it can help your business, please drop in, contact our office at 417-276-5213.
1.The chamber is the first contact for people relocating or visiting our community. The executive director provides information to everyone who visits the office, and to all businesses looking to relocate
2.People do business with people they know. The chamber offers networking opportunities, especially during the monthly chamber luncheons which are a good venue to meet with other local business owners and share ideas on what is happening with their businesses as well as your own. The speakers at the luncheons address areas of concern for our entire community and they provide interesting topics.
3. The chamber offers a website/social media outlet to post coupons or hot deals. It is the spot people look for when they want to see what is happening in the community; members are listed alphabetically and by category on the online directory. The chamber is available to send out email blasts!! about events you and others offer in the area.
4. The chamber hosts many community events to bring everyone together and provide venues for tourism to our area. A national study reveals that membership in a local chamber of commerce can significantly boost a businesses’ image among consumers, as well as among other businesses.
5. The chamber offers ribbon cuttings for new businesses; chamber board members and all elected officials are encouraged to attend these events.
6. Our director is very pro-economic development. As such, he is a member of the Stockton Community Development Corporation. The Chamber of Commerce is the first stop when someone wants tax credits for bringing a business into the county, as we are in an Enhanced Enterprise Zone (EEZ).
7. Chamber membership is an investment in your business and the Stockton Area Chamber of Commerce is the voice for business in Stockton and the entire area.
8. Membership in your local chamber conveys credibility and stability to your customers; it offers numerous benefits and keeps business owners on top of important, ever-changing issues.
9. The chamber of Commerce has established the Shop Small program encouraging our community to keep their money here by patronizing the businesses that provide goods and services in Stockton.
10. Being active in the local chamber is an effective business strategy. It communicates to consumers that a company uses good practices, is reputable, cares about its customers and is involved in its community.
Stockton Area Chamber of Commerce
3 Public Square, P.O. Box 410
Stockton, MO 65785
Please feel free to come by our office located at 3 Public Square. Our office is staffed from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.